Sunday, April 22, 2007

my purpose in life


"its in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ...he had his eye on us, had design on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone." ephesians 1:11


we were having our lunch break when the four of us discussed our life's purpose. it started when we were discussing this awful things that's been happening around us.


lately most of us been working hard. everyone of us have her or his reason why. but some of us no matter how we work hard we still end up empty handed. sometimes no matter how more money we earned from doing overtime, we still have this awful feeling of emptiness. feels like there's still something missing... i told them that our life has a purpose and you have to know what it really is in order for you to be satisfied with what you are doing.

"a life devoted to things is a dead life, a stump; a God-shaped life is a flourishing tree"
proverbs 11:28


i remember few years back, i was a well planned man. i have this blue print in mind in how to be a successful and retire early with a lot of money. I'm so obsessed with real estate and stock market. I'd been studying stock market alot before i jump in. right now i still got a lot of books about it and other money-making strategies.


after a few years, my capital went down 50%. i tried to figure out my so called mistakes. i kept on telling myself that it's quite impossible for me to loss 50% of my capital in few years. i always know i could nail it down.


but now i kept thinking that it's good that it didn't turn out well. if it did worked out, I'd probably be one of a very lost soul out there. i know i could easily be tempted with a lot of sinful act that's been playing on my mind if ever i got a lot of money.since i already know my purpose, I'm so happy with what I'm doing. i do have alot of energy and seems never get tired.


myla said that it's be hard and need alot of guidance from above in order for us to know our purpose. it's really hard, but with my experience, i just simply know and realized it after i submitted myself to God. little by little as i go along, i have this mental image of Gods' purpose. before, i work hard for things and money and still end up with nothing. now i still don't have those but i know pretty much where i'm going and what i'm going to do.

at work, they kept on asking me why I'd be doing alot of overtime and why i never get tired. they asked me if i'm planning to buy a new car or will go on vacation again. it was a big mystery for them. nobody knows the reason why.i didn't told anybody except for one person that i told her that actually i really don't know why i'm working this much. might be depression or insanity.

it's true. the first few days i don't really know why i liked to work so much. i told myself that i will do this inorder to pay my bills or have extra money for my vacation next year. but after a few days of doing this i figured out that it's not what it really is. if i work a few extra i could still pay my bills but working this much is different. the big main reason why i worked this much is far better than my friends' speculation. whatever that is, i'm not telling nobody and whether it will turn out well or not, at least i'm happy that i know what my purpose here on earth.

God bless!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home